Blogs have become an avenue to express thoughts and opinions just about any topic under the sun. However, the fact that the virtual world is flooded with innumerable blogs, it becomes necessary to make your blog stand out from the rest. And you can do this by all means if you are aware of the essential aspects that go into making a blog appealing and readable. So, read on.
Given below are few of the important aspects that you can pay heed to, so that your blog enjoys an edge over the others as far as visibility is concerned.
- Headline or the main tag line – Headline is perhaps what people will read first so that they know what they can expect in the blog. So, this is of utmost importance and ought to be written in such a manner that it will draw readers towards the blog post. In fact, whenever, you are getting ideas from the experts about how to start a blog and how to make it successful, this will be one of the most vital aspects that they will point out.
- Invite your readers – After the headline, what follows is even more important. This is because even if the headline is catchy but when the reader glances at the next lines, if he is not able to develop interest in the piece, he will simply turn away and explore other write ups. So, you have to make the following sentences after the headline really appealing and the content in those lines should be such that it compels the reader to find out more about the topic.
- Play with words – Not everyone is able to do this. If you mean something, express in the appropriate words. Use the right words so that the meaning is well conveyed. There are many such words that are used differently. So, if you are using these words, make sure they convey the exact meaning. Most importantly, use words that will persuade the readers to take action, especially if the blog is commercial in nature.
- Enhance visibility of the crucial points – Using bullet points enhances the visibility of the sub topics. In other words, if you are using bullet points throughout the content, even if the reader does not have the time to read each and every line, glancing at these points will convey an idea about the sub heads. However, these points should be relevant and to the point, the main reason why you are wrapping your ideas into these points.
- Avoid large paragraphs – Readers don’t like to go through large paragraphs that look monotonous and boring. Break down your ideas or your content into smaller paragraphs that will make the blog readable and will inculcate interest in the reader.
- Illustrations matter – Simply knitting words and writing those down will not help your blog to sell. Instead, incorporate images in appropriate spaces alongside may be short video/clips. Experts say that visual representation of any text lasts longer in the minds.